Recent Posts

Header Ads

2019: Obasanjo in secret meeting with Afenifiere




Former president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo is currenly
meeting with a Pan-Yoruba socio-political group, Afenifere.
The Sun reports that the Afenifere team, led by Ayo Adebanjo,
included Senator Femi Okurounmu, Tokunbo Awolowo-Dosumu
among others met with the former president on Tuesday, October 9.
They arrived at the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library and
were reportedly ushered into the inner chamber of the former
president.
Although details of the meeting are not known yet, there is
speculation it is related to the 2019 general elections.
Meanwhile, few minutes after his emergence as the presidential
candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), former vice
president Atiku Abubakar

Atiku, while delivering his acceptance speech after he was officially
declared winner of the primary with 1,532 votes to Aminu
Tambuwal’s 693, Atiku thanked former President Olusegun
Obasanjo for picking him as his vice president in 1999.
He noted that without Obasanjo picking him then, he could never
have become the PDP presidential candidate today.
Recall that some months ago, Obasanjo had said: “How can I be on
the same side with Atiku? To do what?
“If I support Atiku for anything, God will not forgive me. If I do not
know, yes. But once I know, Atiku can never enjoy my support. I do
not have personal grudges with anyone. If you do not do well for
Nigeria, you do not do well for all of us.
“It is not a question of working with or not working with an
individual,” he said. “If you are working for the good of Nigeria, I am
working with you. If you are not working for the good of Nigeria it
does not matter who you are I am not working with you.”
However, Atiku said on Sunday while accepting to be PDP
candidate said: “Finally, on a personal note, I wouldn’t have been
standing where I am today if my former boss, President Olusegun
Obasanjo, had not made me his vice president.
“Under his tutelage, I learnt quite a lot, and I believe the experience I
have got is going to impact on how I eventually govern this country. I
wish to pay my personal tribute to him.”

Post a Comment

0 Comments